July Quiz Answers
1. The reverse of this classic commemorative bears an accurate likeness of the Liberty Bell.
1926 Sesquicentennial of American Independence
2. The portrait of the president on this coin faces right and takes up more than half of the design field.
2005 Jefferson nickel
4. The American flag is the background for another design element on the obverse of this commemorative.
1992 clad Olympic half dollar (gymnast)
5. Independence Hall in Philadelphia is the central device on the reverse of this circulating commemorative.
1976 Bicentennial half dollar
7. Designed by Chester Beach, this 1925 coin commemorates two famous battles fought in 1775.
1925 Lexington-Concord Sesquicentennial
8. Adolph A. Weinman designed the version of Liberty that appears on this coin. Rumor has it that this coin’s design will be used on a palladium bullion coin.
Winged Liberty, “Mercury,” dime
9. The Liberty Bell on the reverse of this coin is superimposed over an image of a cratered moon.
1776-1976 Eisenhower dollar
10. A small eagle was placed to the right of the Liberty Bell on this coin’s reverse in order to fulfill legal requirements.
Franklin half dollar